The Theta Mu Lambda Charitable Foundation supports educational programs and organizations that implement these programs.
Recipients of Charitable Support include:
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. Theta Mu Lambda Chapter administers the selection of over 10 scholarships a year funded by the foundation. The chapter also raises funds for the foundation and implements mentoring programs. The Foundation also purchased educational supplies for Ghanaian West African students and provided Christmas gifts for school age children with incarcerated parents.
- Harold Colbert Jones Memorial Community Center is the meeting place for the Foundation’s public meetings and the location for scholarship interviews. The Jones Center receives annual financial support from the foundation to support their many youth, senior citizen and immigrant educational and social services.
- Prairie State College and the Foundation share board members and similar goals regarding retention and graduation of young people. The Foundation has provided scholarships earmarked for to PSU students.
- Local high schools have received direct financial support for things like Marching Band Traveling Expenses.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Project the Foundation supports the building of the National Monument in honor of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. in Washington DC. This historic undertaking will create a historical landmark of tremendous education significance. The Foundation proudly support efforts to “Build the Dream”
The Foundation funds the Richard L. Storey scholarships, administered by the Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. Theta Mu Lambda Chapter. $1000 scholarships renewable up to four years are given out as many as 10 students each year.
In Recent years, the Foundation has provided special scholarships for performing arts students.
Theta Mu Lambda Chapter also administers scholarships for state Legislators. For more on their scholarship programs see the Honorable Albert Riley, the Honorable George Scullyand the Honorable David Miller.
Please fill out the following form for Charitable Support: